[cups.general] CUPS 1.2.12 -- PCL no longercreate multiplecopies

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Sep 18 10:45:58 PDT 2007

Helge Blischke wrote:

>>> The only change I am aware of is STR #2423 which would flag the PCL
>>> files as raw.  The copies should then be produced by the socket
>>> backend...
>>>
>>> Have you checked the (LogLevel debug) error_log files on the client
>>> and server to see what is getting passed around?
>>>

>> I've narrowed it down to the IPP backend. If I use the ipp from CUPS 124, in a running CUPS 1212, I'd get the correct number of copies.
>>
>> I've not gotten any deeper other than testing the IPP backends but it
>> appears to be the cause.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Angel
>
> Could it be that it is a recurrence of the IPP backend bug
> conserning the number of copies I posted in the old days of
> CUPS 1.1.18 or 1.1.19 ?

Not specifically, but a more general problem with the solution we
came up with for Xerox printers - basically, raw files were assumed
to already have the copies applied in them, so we didn't pass any of
the job options from the client to the server.

The current code in 1.3.x and trunk address this by only omitting the
options for filtered jobs.