Printing from OS X to Debian Cups doesn't work with AL-C1100

Gerd Katzenbeisser news at gerd.sg18.net
Sat Sep 22 03:20:48 PDT 2007

Hi!

I have a Debian Server with CUPS 1.2.7 running. I also downloaded and
installed the Epson-ALC1100-filter-1.2 on the Debian Machine.

I tested the configuration by printing a Test Page which works fine. Now
  I wanted to set up my OS X Powerbook for printing to the server.

I added the printer via LPD URL:
http://server:631/printers/EPSON_AL-C1100_USB_1

(I also tried IPP with the same effect)

I selected the "standard" driver from os x as there is could not find a
suitable driver for os x.

A print job shows up in the queue list on the server and the printer
indicates that it is receiving data but it doesn't print.

Maybe it is just a driver problem so i was looking for a suitable driver
  at the Gutenprint Homepage but I couldn't find one.

Got anyone any suggestions to solve this problem?

thanks
Gerd