Forcing CUPS to pass dummy user to HPLIP

Mark Coolen mark.coolen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 07:03:44 PDT 2008

I'm trying to figure out how I can force Cups to pass on a static user (i.e. 'office') to HPLIP.  I'm printing via the MS Image Writer driver from XP in order to use an HP Fax printer.  HPLIP gets the owner of the print job from Cups and only passes the print job on when hp-sendfax is run as the same username.  Is there any way to get Cups to always see print jobs as printed by the same, generic user (office) no matter who is actually logged in?

Mark Coolen

P.S. If the question needs clarification, please ask.