Global print quota for guest/nobody?

John madflyguy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 11:19:00 PST 2008

Thanks for the reply. Having the quest accounts be distinguished by hostname/ip/mac address would work great. As far as my print restrictions/quota is concerned, the time restraint is in place only because CUPS requires a time restraint. My goal is to limit any 1 print job to say 10-15 pages - the lab printer is only meant to print labs and reports (usually 15 pages or less). So the page restriction is needed only to discourage printing huge jobs (obviously not school related), forcing students to break up their print job in increments if the job is larger than 10-15 pages. So I don't know how to directly answer your question about the time restraint needed Jerome, but hopefully this information answers the question for you. If using Pykota is relatively easy and can fullfill these requirements of mine, I'll gladly purchase and use it.

-John