CUPS Companion v 1.2.11 - Clients not browsing

Robert rob.roche at acs-inc.com
Thu Feb 21 02:07:03 PST 2008

> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > I got confirmation from IBM that the VLAN has no problems supporting broadcast or routing UDP.
> >
> > Is there any extra debugging I can use to test?
>
> You can set the LogLevel to debug2 on both systems to see what the
> server is sending and what the client is receiving.
>
> --

Hi Michael,

I set the log level to debug2. Didn't see anything in the output of use. I did a tcpdump on port 631, there is no UDP traffic. I ran some iptraces and examined the output and there is no UDP traffic at all on Port 631.

UDP traffic is working as NFS is working just fine on the same servers.

I tried reinstalling the companion cd on another two machines not using a vlan and have exactly the same problem.

The setup screen is a little odd actually, I can't choose install all software and drivers because it fails. If I choose the software I want to install I see that the first 2 items in the list as "v (new)" and thats it. Selecting them fails the install.

Do you think the CD is defective?

I'm trying to compile and run the latest version of CUPS as an alternative but the make is failing so I'm back to trying to use the companion cd.