Mac OS-X/Leopard & DesignJet 488CA

Michael michbarr at mac.com
Wed Jan 2 12:18:54 PST 2008

I want to connect my mac to a older HP large format printer (DesignJet 488CA). This printer has parallel and serial interfaces. Have attached a parallel-to-USB cable which is suppose to work with this configuration. My question is that I've received couple forum messages saying 10.4 included driver for this printer. another person from VectorWorks forum said that can use cups in Mac OS-X and to use a pdd file for model 430 which might work. just don't know where to put the pdd file. any help is appreciated. Thanks Michael