How do I tell if cups is installed?

Gregg Hardin gregg.hardin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 05:55:45 PST 2008

I have been having trouble with printing via TurboPrint.   I think I deleted the CUPS interface (I am a newbie Linux user) and don't know how to get it back.   I downloaded cups-1.4sv-r7214.tar.gz and used gunzip to unzip it.  But what do I do with the file that results?  I did make and tried make install under sudo, but the make install wont take.  I did ./configure before the make and make install, so I don't think that is the  problem. I remember deleting some files way back and I don't know if I should install linux over the current copy.  I am using Ubuntu 7.10 with TurboPrint 1.93...  Thanks for any help I can get....