[cups.general] HP 5200 different media types in different trays?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Jul 16 06:49:08 PDT 2008

Jason Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Helge Blischke <h.blischke at srz.de> wrote:
>
>>Well, then I'm out of ideas now. perhaps you could do a test performing the
>>following steps:
>>(1)     stop the queue in question and print a sample.
>>(2)     save the spool file (the dxxxxx-yyy) as, say, test.ps
>>(3)     run
>>       cupsfilter -m application/vnd.cups-postscript -p /etc/cups/ppd/yourprinter.ppd test.ps >   out.ps
>>(4)     post (an url to) both files.
>>
>>(yourprinter should be replaced by the real queue name).
>

> Done:
> http://jason0x21.org/cups/test.ps
> http://jason0x21.org/cups/out.ps
> http://jason0x21.org/cups/cupsfilter.log
>
> Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?

Oh, I forgot: insert "-o name=value" as often as neededto the cupsfilter command
where name is the name of the option you use to specify the media, and value
is the desired value, such as "-o mediatype=plain" etc.

 From the current example, though the input is not DSC compliant, it should work
correctly.

Sorry for having not mentioned this earlier.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung