[cups.general] Re : Cups authentication at networkprinter

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Thu Jun 5 17:54:18 PDT 2008

Dear Fabian and Ayhan,

You could install PrintAgent onto your print server.

PrintAgent is a component of part of PrintingWorks : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/

Your users could then authenticate against PrintAgent and then you
could lock down the printer so that it will only accept print jobs
from the print server, which could be a PrintingWorks server if you
want all the additional bells and whistles such as accounting and
graphical management interface.

Hope this helps.