[cups.general] Setting up remote printing server and client - how?

lists.cups-general at duinheks.nl lists.cups-general at duinheks.nl
Sun Jun 22 22:41:14 PDT 2008

Hello henri,

On maandag 23 juni 2008, henri wrote to cups at easysw.com:

 he> Sorry I am a little confused?

 >> When I print something on the server to a printer on the
 >> client, it  gets put into the print queue.

 he> Could you please provide a little more information about your
 he> setup.  Regards the way you would like your jobs to flow.

My apologies, this was badly formulated.

 he> I was assuming that you were sending a job from one machine (the
 he>  client) to another (the server) which would then spool the job
 he> to the  printer.

Correct. I create a print job on the client and want the
server to print it. Client sees all server's printers and
server receives information from client when the job is
sent. But server only produces that line in its access_log
with the 403 error.
I'm close, but stuck at this point.

Regards,

           Hans.

jdh dot beekhuizen at duinheks dot nl
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/080603
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)