Stallion serial port printers

jim owens jowens at obsinfotech.com
Thu Mar 20 13:04:20 PDT 2008

I have Redhat9 (2.4.20 kernel).  The Stallion serial ports driver for EasyIO and Easycom boards is built into the kernel.  We are using several Stallion ports for printers and they work fine printing directly to the port ID (ie: /dev/ttyE10).  We tried to define these printers to spool wiht CUPS (using Redhat setup) and they define properly as custom device.  When we print (ie: lp -d E10, where E10 is the queue name for /dev/ttyE10) we see a printer job id but nothing prints and no errors appear.  We are able to do the same setup routine with Digi serial ports (ei: /dev/ttySd10) and everything works.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.