[cups.general] printing from /dev/ttyUSB1 ??

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 14 12:29:50 PDT 2008

Greetings;

Expansion on my previous question.

According to the manpage for lp, in cups-1.3.7, fedora 8 system, this should
work:

cat /dev/ttyUSB1 | lp -d lp3 -

I now have, after writing a quicky program on the source machine to send a
directory listing up through /dev/ttyUSB1 every 2 minutes for 11 passes, a
hash number named file in /tmp, of a bit over 100k.  But the printer remains
silent.

The printer works, I can send it a cups test page and it prints well and very
fast. Rechecked right now, worked.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Cheers, Gene