[cups.general] Problem with getting CUPS 1.3.5 to print to paused printer queues

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Wed May 21 15:52:01 PDT 2008

Yes, there are significant differences between the version of CUPS
which ships with Leopard.

> This seems like a feature that was added to CUPS, because it did not
> happen on our previous Tiger machines when we followed the same
> procedure.

If you are using a CUPS server to receive and hold the incoming print
jobs then PrintAgent will probably only require a few customizations,
in order to do what you need. I imagine that it would primarily be a
case of removing functionality from PrintAgent.

Otherwise as Jerome mentioned, you could quickly roll your own with
Tea4CUPS.

Information regarding PrintAgent is available from :
http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printagent/

Documentation of how PrintAgent works is available from :
http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printagent/documentation/

Information regarding Tea4CUPS :
http://www.pykota.com/software/