Broken PS files and universal options

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri May 30 07:35:55 PDT 2008

Beat Wolf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a application that generates postscript files using pstopfg, psnup, psselect, gs, etc. When i try to print one of those ps files using lpr, then i can't get all options to pass, or better, no printer option passes.
> But i found out that they work on certain printers, and on some they don't.
> What i'm looking for is a way to fix my ps files, so that cups can use all printer options i want.
>
> The second thing i'm searching is, a universal way to activate duplex printing, and or grayscale, without having to find out the right options for each printer, because i want my application to be as universal as possible.
>
> Is anything of this possible?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Beat Wolf

As for your 1st problem, please post (at least one) a sample file
to see how your PS files violate the DSC on which CUPS heavily depends.

As for the 2nd problem, it is a matter of how the printers are configured
in CUPS and if you *do* use the proper printer specific PPDs.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung