pstops and duplex problem after update from 1.3.6 to 1.3.8

Ralf Aumueller aumuller at ipvr.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Sep 18 06:32:15 PDT 2008

Hello,

after I updated CUPS to version 1.3.8 I have problems with duplex
printing from Windows clients (with PS drivers). First I had to
set the samba-cups option "cups options = raw" to get it work
again with Samba.

But users who print direct over IPP from Windows (with PS driver) to
the CUPS server can't print duplex. If I copy the old pstops program
from 1.3.6 to the lib/cups/filter directory of 1.3.8 duplex printing
from Windows works again.
(I assume that this comes from the different locations in the PS file
where the printer options get inserted. With version 1.3.6 it's just
after the %%EndProlog while with 1.3.8 it's just before %%EndSetup).

Do I make something wrong?

Best regards,

Ralf