automatic mainenance script: authentification Problem

Tobias te.foobar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:19:11 PDT 2008

We have a script, that cancels any job that sits at the head of the queue for too long, and re-enables the printer. This is done by a bunch of perl, reading the output of lpq, and calles cancel and cupsenable, if needed. Since the upgrade to cups-1.2.4-11.18.el5_2.1 (we used an old Mandriva 2006 system before) I do not seem to be able to generate a cupsd.cof, which allows the script to issue cupsenable and cancel without beeing asked for a password, while at the same time, regualr users can only cancel their own jobs. Any hints? The Documentation states, that certificates can be used, but it doesn't say how.

Regards,
Tobias