I'm at my wits end trying to print postscript to a file!

gary langthorne quest at accesscable.net
Sat Apr 18 15:42:44 PDT 2009

I'm trying to develop a print system for hpgl devices for linux, what I'm trying to do is setup a sudo engraver using a standard postscript2 driver from the generic selections. I need anything that prints to it to process it and put a postscript2 file in a hot-folder then scripts go to work on it. Printing directly to a postscript file from OOdraw,Gimp,Coreldraw(wine) and Inkscape yield different results for some reason. Will the cups sudo printer standardize the output from all apps so I have one type of file to process with my scripts?

  Can someone recommend the easiest way to accomplish this , by backend script, special ppd? Any advice or known backends/ppd's would be appreciated!!

  Thanks
   gary