View/check remote print queue via cups' lpq to an LPD queue

Ashis ashis.v.purbhoo at exxonmobil.com
Mon Aug 3 12:03:03 PDT 2009

Is there a way to query and/or forward via any cups lp commands to show the remote network queue information of a submitted job vs. showing the local print queue only?  (i.e. lpq -P <remote lpd server> <queue>)

Currently I have a Linux boxes which has mapped a network printer via LPD, after submitting a job, the local print queue show the job id & status, however I have to currently go to a Solaris machine & run lpq -P <print queue> to get the 'true' status of the remote print queue.