Return Error of socket backend

JM TETU jm.tetu at enst-bretagne.fr
Thu Feb 12 06:45:54 PST 2009

Thanks very much for your very quick answer.

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 05:19:54AM -0800, JM TETU wrote:
> >
> > beh:/1/5/60/socket://printer:9100
> >
> > But i have to do hardware accounting with pykota. And beh seems never
> > launch cupspykota backend.
>
> this is normal because your device uri would have to be either :
>
>  beh://1/5/60/cupspykota://socket://printer:9100

I had retry with this syntax:

And i have an error:

copieur-k2 "/u01/logiciels/CUPS/lib/cups/backend/beh failed"
	Description : copieur-k2
Lieu :
Marque et modèle : RICOH Aficio 2032 PS
État de l'imprimante : arrêtée, accepte les tâches, publique.
URI du matériel : beh://1/2/10/cupspykota://socket://copieur-k2:9100

> or :
>
>  cupspykota://beh://1/5/60/socket://printer:9100

Well, this configuration works fine (but it's good only for software accounting, no?):

cupspykota://beh:/1/5/60/socket://copieur-a-etage.priv.enst-bretagne.fr:9100/

> since otherwise beh can't know you want to launch cupspykota, or
> cupspykota can't know you want to launch beh
>
> but for a very long time now PyKota includes a feature to solve your
> problem without beh, by setting the 'onbackenderror' directive in your
> pykota.conf file. This directive can be placed either in the [global]
> section or in any printer section (if it has to apply to only a single
> or a few printers).
>
> see this directive's documentation and examples in
> pykota/conf/pykota.conf.sample

Before post my question, i find this parameter of pykota.
But i believed it's not change the exit code.....

After read you, i try with
onbackenderror : retry:0:300

==> fine, no error....  but i would prefer to submit only 3 ou 5 times the job to the printer.

I try with
onbackenderror : retry:3:30,nocharge

===> printer disabled......

Well, i can do a cancel of the job by script on timeout, but....

My version of cups: 1.3.8

version of pykota: pykota-1.26_official