[cups.general] Windows Cups driver only prints first page

Loren M. Lang lorenl at north-winds.org
Thu Feb 19 19:47:15 PST 2009

I am using Cups 1.3.7-1ubuntu3.3 on Ubuntu 8.04.1 through Samba
3.0.28a-1ubuntu4.7 from Windows XP SP2.  I have the lastest PPDs
installed from hplip 2.8.2-0ubuntu8.1 and used cupsaddsmb to add drivers
on the Samba server for the printers.  I grabbed the latest drivers from
cups-drivers on cups.org and from the Adobe Universal PS Printer driver
which contained both the files needed for Windows 98 and Windows 2K/XP.
Currently, I am experiencing problems where printing certain documents
only prints the first page whether I tell Windows to print All pages or
pages from 1 to the last page.  If I tell Windows to start printing from
page 2, it is able to print the rest of the document.  I printed the
document to a file in Windows and looked through the PS data.  It
appears to have a few Cups specific entries and does contain text from
later pages, but piping that PS file to lpr in Linux also only prints
the first page.  It seems that some funny character or some such is
preventing the printer from continuing.
--
Loren M. Lang
lorenl at north-winds.org
http://www.north-winds.org/

Public Key: ftp://ftp.north-winds.org/pub/lorenl_pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 10A0 7AE2 DAF5 4780 888A  3FA4 DCEE BB39 7654 DE5B