HP 1000 not printing

Jesus johan.bluecreek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 03:50:42 PST 2009

I just installed (x)ubuntu on a machine connected to a HP 1000 series printer. The printer is detected, seemingly, correctly and I can send jobs to it (I also have the recommended driver; foo2zjs). But! The printer doesn't print anything.

I went through some troubleshooting which gave me:

"I found no reason why your printer doesn't work but this might help:
[ http://pastebin.com/mc1bae9f ]
"

and I have no idea of what that means. Later I visited ##cups on freenode, where they said that I should activate LogLevel debug and study error_log, which I did. This is the first log I have read coming from any cups-related stuff, but too me this seems to be without any errors at all:[ http://pastebin.com/mf99f2bf ] This is the log file for restarting cups and printing one .ps file with evince.

The only thing that I find strange in that log is that in every config tool I have used; http://localhost:631, hplip, printers.conf, I have set the paper size to be "A4", *but* in the log it says "Letter" and I have no idea why. Maybe this is connected to the problem?

I have tested to print test-pages in all the config tools I have used, and ever one does the same; says that the page has been printed but no actual printing have taken place.

I really need help!

Thanks in advance.

And to clarify when I say that it doesn't print I mean it does nothing, not even one of its familiar squeaking little sounds, not trying to get papers, nothing.