HP 1000 not printing

Wes wes.hardin at maxim-ic.com
Tue Feb 24 06:49:14 PST 2009

> I just installed (x)ubuntu on a machine connected to a HP 1000 series printer. The printer is detected, seemingly, correctly and I can send jobs to it (I also have the recommended driver; foo2zjs). But! The printer doesn't print anything.

I'm assuming you mean the LaserJet 1000 series since you didn't say.  Did you load the firmware as suggested by the openprinting.org entry for this printer?

from http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1000 :

The firmware of the printer must be uploaded after turning it on. You can use a hotplug/udev script which comes with foo2zjs, or do it manually: "cat /usr/share/foo2zjs/firmware/sihp1000.dl >  /dev/usb/lp0".