[cups.general] Driver for HP Photosmart 7350

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Feb 28 17:47:43 PST 2009

This is on Ubuntu 8.10 / CUPS 1.3.9

Ubuntu auto detected this printer correctly, and the printer should
work very well with the hp drivers.

    http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_7350

The driver is reporting correctly that the printer is low on ink.
Printer was working fine under Windows.

Unfortunately, printing is not working correctly at all now with
Ubuntu.

The CUPS interface shows:

Location: dawson-desktop
Printer Driver: HP Photosmart 7350 Foomatic/hpijs, hpijs 2.8.7
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, not published.
Device URI: hp:/usb/photosmart_7350?serial=MY372432KQ6N

The first time I printed (from Open Office) a Greek font was
substituted for the English text (oddly, could kind of read some of
the text).  That's doesn't really sound like a CUPS problem.

I was able with Open Office to print a page with a single word
"Test" fine, but using the CUPS web interface to send a test document
resulted in one of those exciting times when page after page is
ejected blank (or almost blank) from the printer.

Could someone provide debugging tips?  It's been a while since I've
had problems with CUPS printing -- so am at a bit of a loss here since
everything indicates it should be working well.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org