Max OS X Fax Printer Page Margins

Marc Fleischmann marc at service.com
Mon Jan 5 09:05:28 PST 2009

I have a Mac Mini with OS X 10.5 and an external usb modem that I am using as
an outbound fax server.

I used the System Preferences/Add Printer to add the fax as a printer and made
it visible to the network for remote clients via the CUPS web interface.

We are faxing a Postscript landscape template created from an excel file.  When
printed directly to a Postscript printer the document prints correctly with margins of 1/4 inch on all sides.

When we print it to the fax printer with a remote client with the options
-o fit-to-page -o page-left=10 -o page-right=10 -o page-bottom=10 -o page-top=10

the left side (bottom of the page in portrait) has a .9" margin and about 1/8" of the document is being cut off.

I've looked at the PPD and the pagesize and imagesize look to be big enough to
handle the image.

Is there somewhere else to adjust the margins or rasterization?