[cups.general] cupstestppd - "DefaultGuaranteedMaxSeparations" warning

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jan 20 10:53:35 PST 2009

Johan Bengtsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting this warning when running cupstestppd on various Xerox
> ppd files:
>
> xrxwcp55.ppd: PASS
>         WARN    DefaultGuaranteedMaxSeparations has no corresponding
> options!
>
> As far as I can see, the section of the ppd file that the warning is about
> is perfectly OK according to Adobe docs (Update to PPD Specification
> Version 4.3, section 4.), so how can I get rid of the
> warning?

Short of renaming the keyword to use your vendor prefix, you can't.
It *is* just a warning...

Normally Default keywords are reserved for options and specific
keywords defined in the spec.  One common problem we've seen in PPD
files is the misspelling of the Default keyword for its corresponding
option, thus the warning.