[cups.general] CUPS 1.2.7: definitions in .convs and .types not working

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jan 20 11:00:30 PST 2009

(Please remember that this isn't a commercial support forum, and
  any responses you get are from users and developers in their free
  time.  Not seeing a response over a weekend is not unusual...)

Michael Leimann wrote:
> That is what we hoped to find with
>
> contains(0,900000,"<23466F726D3A") or
> contains(0,900000,"23466F726D3A") or
> contains(0,900000,23466F726D3A) or
> contains(0,900000,<23466F726D3A>) or
> contains(0,900000,"#Form:")or
> ..
>
> What are we doing wrong here? Isn't is possible to search within a Postscript source?

contains() currently only allows ranges of up to 4096 bytes.  This
currently isn't documented anywhere but the source, but is a trade-
off we made years ago for efficiency's sake (otherwise in your rule
we'd have to read the first 900000 bytes of every print file, which
will have serious a performance impact...)