[cups.general] slow printing from cups

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Mon Jan 26 22:44:27 PST 2009

Michael Sweet wrote:
> Ryan Suarez wrote:

>> yup, printing to cups directly is also fast, arghh...
>> what do I do now?
>>

> There are also probably some print driver options (disable background
> and metafile printing, for example) that may speed things up slightly.
> Again, you can document this on that help page.

Our drivers are managed centrally through samba point and print.
Started playing around with driver options and changed the print quality
option from the default 1200dpi to 600dpi.  The difference is like night
and day, jobs are spit out from the printer right away.  I compared the
printouts and couldn't really tell the difference in quality.

Thanks for the tip.

cheers,
Ryan