[cups.general] Using Cups with MacOSX-Server

Ulrike Schletzer ulrike.schletzer at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Jul 9 02:16:22 PDT 2009

Hi there!

I´ve got 2 question. I´m using Cups 1.3.10 with MacOSX-Server 10.5.7.

First: I can add printers directly on the server, but not remote (426
Upgrade required). We have installed self-signed Certificates, but
nothing helps. Whats the problem? Also we have no access to https://cups-server

Second: On a client i generated a /etc/cups/client.conf with
"ServerName    cups-server" then i want to show my Printers hosted on
the Cups-Server but nothing happens. The cups-process on server hangs
up. Why?

Regards,
Uli