Unable to backup subscriptions.conf error

Dave Bolt dave at davebolt.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 04:10:43 PST 2009

Following a failure to update subscriptions.conf in the last set of updates,
I found the following three lines in my test system's /var/log/cups
error_log.
Unable to backup subscriptions.conf - permission denied
Unable to save subscriptions.conf - Permission denied
Unable to restore subscriptions.conf - Permission denied
These entries seem to be the last messages during starting my system.
The reason I went looking for trouble was that SELinux prevented some file
accesses to subscriptions.conf and subscriptions.conf.0, but in general
these events are not apparently related to any logged actions by SELinux.
Pointers to further investigation would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave