[cups.general] Copies in my own backend

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Mar 10 10:37:29 PDT 2009

shermin wrote:
> Hi,
>  It is false only .While checking further I came to know that in usb.c(1.4 using libusb) ,if the argument count is 6 ie if input is stdin,copies =1 ,otherwise for command line file  it is copies=argv[4];
>
> Why it is doing so????
>
> The input that I am getting in usb.c from pstoraster is correct copies but due to the above assignments it is always 1 since i am not trying command line printing.

When printing from stdin, the backend does not need to produce copies.
When printing from the command-line, the backend must produce the
copies.

In your case, pstoraster is supposed to generate the copies for you.
If this is not the case, then you've run into a Ghostscript bug and
need to report it to the folks on ghostscript.com...