Possibly switching to CUPS

Dean Robinson drobinson at advf.com
Thu Mar 19 11:41:24 PDT 2009

Currently we have a HP-UX 11.23 server sending print jobs to a Windows 2000 server that has RPM Remote Print Manager loaded on it, where it converts the raw job from lf to crlf and then it forwards the job to the appropriate print server and printer. The software is getting old and buggy and I am looking for an alternative. I have 100+ queues to manage for the ERP software running on the UNIX box and would like to make that task easier and more reliable. I have tried using an Ubuntu box to see if it will accept print jobs and forward them on to the print servers but have not been successful yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.