Put job on hold until released at console

Brett Ussher breusshe at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:56:47 PDT 2009

I could be wrong, but that sounds a whole lot like secure print functionality.  You need a printer and associated driver that supports that function.  For instance, I know the Xerox Phaser 4500DX and 8560DN printers support this on the printer and Xerox has a PPD file you can download that completes the support for this functionality.  However, my Brother MFC-7440N supports secure print on the printer, but the PPD files I can download from Brother do not support this feature, so I can't use it on Linux.  I have to use the software driven solution that can be installed on MacOS and Windows.

At least, that is how I'm reading your post and my understanding of how it works.  Hope it helps.

Brett