[cups.general] foomatic-rip failed

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 12:21:57 PDT 2009

There are known problems with foomatic-rip and printing from Windows
clients. Please file a bug on

http://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/

for the product "OpenPrinting" and the component "foomatic-filters".
Please bring CUPS into debug logging mode via

cupsctl LogLevel=debug

or on older CUPS versions by having a line

LogLevel debug

in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and restarting CUPS by "/etc/init.d/cups
restart". You need root rights (or at least preceed your commands by
"sudo") on most systems to execute the commands. Then clean up with

cancel -a

and send a new job from your Windows client. After that take
/var/log/cups/error_log and attach it to your bug report.

    Till