[cups.general] cupsaddsmb: No PPD file for printer "hplj6l" - Missing double quote on line 224!

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Nov 6 08:34:14 PST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 4:45 AM, Alnis Morics wrote:
> 2 days ago I wrote a mail here about problems with exporting drivers
> from CUPS to Samba, and nobody answered. I'm still struggling with
> this
> problem and trying whatever comes to my mind.

Keep in mind that this is just a forum of CUPS users and volunteer
developers...

> Aparrently cupsaddsmb fails at the moment it tries to create a Windows
> PPD file for my printer (function cupsAdminCreateWindowsPPD(http,
> dest,
> ppdfile, sizeof(ppdfile)), and I just found this is already filed as a
> bug on the CUPS site:
> http://cups.org/str.php?L3314+Qversion:1.4
> And it's not even going to be solved in 1.4.1...

It isn't clear from your description that STR #3314 is the issue you
are running into, since the driver downloaded from openprinting.org is
probably not Gutenprint-based.

It would be more helpful if you could post a link to the exact PPD
file you are using, or just post it to the bug you mentioned so we can
investigate the issue further on our end.