[cups.general] Migrate printers.conf

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Thu Oct 15 18:18:44 PDT 2009

> For more information see
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
> in particular the sections "PPD Files" versus "The Filter"
> and what I wrote about "Never copy configuration files
> from other systems..."

PrinterSetup offers a way to store your print queue configurations
within a single text file for each queue. PrinterSetup is still very
much under development. However, there are bundled scripts which will
generate printer setup files (PSF's) from a CUPS configuration.

Download details and further information is available from : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup/

Keep in mind that this project still has many rough edges. However,
assistance with the project is welcomed.