Create_Printer_Subscription: Forbidden

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 02:59:21 PDT 2009

> Unlikely, but any Forbidden error should be logged in access_log with
> the IP address so that would be a place to start.
>
> It would also be useful to do a run-time leaks check; on Mac OS X I'd
> just recommend using the "leaks" tool for this, but I'm not sure if
> similar tools are available to dynamically check a process for leaked
> memory without stopping it...

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

Alas, I didn't think to check our access_log and access_log.O, and they have been rotated to remove any trace of this incident. I've not seen this problem before, and it hasn't happened since.

I'm used to using valgrind on Linux for checking simple programs - I have never used it with CUPS nor,in fact, for anything that forks off sub-processes. I will have to learn what is possible, and how.

John A. Murdie