Make printer to use "number-up=2" per default

Tobias private.newsbox at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 04:21:40 PDT 2010

Hi,
i want to have a printer working in a way that it always prints 2 pages on one sheet per default.

It already worked fine so that the printer always prints black&white and duplex by editing the default values directly in the ppd file, like:

*DefaultDuplex: DuplexNoTumble

Unfortunately there is not such a option for number-up.

When i print with the command line using number-up=2 it works fine.

So, my question: can i somehow set the default value for a specific printer to number-up=2? It doesn`t matter if i can set this option in the ppd file or somewhere else (like in the printers.conf or can i define a simple filter that adds the number-up option?) - it only should work :)

I already spent 2 days on that and i`m very happy for any hints/suggestions!
Thx
Tobias