page_log is empty

Timo mailtohagen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:52:23 PST 2010

> On Jan 20, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Timo wrote:
> > I am using CUPS 1.4.2 like posted in my other thread before. I am
> > using PPD drivers for all printers as I know this is required in
> > order to get log entries.
>
> Most drivers ultimately use PPD files (the only ones that don't are
> legacy interface scripts), but page logging != PPD files.
>
> If you are using something other than a plain PPD for a PostScript
> (with no cupsFilter lines), then CUPS will do the page logging for
> you.  Otherwise, the driver MUST provide the page logging.
>
> So again, what drivers are you using?  What printers?

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

Thank you very much for answering.

That's a bit confusing, I guess I have just too few knowledge of this topic. I am using the drivers provided on openprinting.org, our institute's printers basically are:

- Infotec MP 2550
- Ricoh Afifio SP C811DN
- HP Color Laser Jet 2605
- HP Laserjet 1320
- HP Laserjet 4250
- HP DesignJet T1100 MFP
- HP DesignJet T1100ps

Should I use special drivers? If so, please let me know where to find them, thank you.