[cups.general] simplifying printer admin

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Tue Jul 6 02:59:06 PDT 2010

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Nagaraj Panyam wrote:

> I have to create identical CUPS printer configurations on a large number
> of Linux desktops. The printer is a common networked printer.

Excuse me if the answer is silly. I did not do it myself, and it occurred
a long time ago, but here all our Linux workstations are set up (editing
line ServerName in /etc/cups/client.conf) as clients of a single CUPS
server.

All the definition of the various printers is done on the server, and
some administration (querying jobs, restarting hung printers) is done via
web.