[cups.general] Many files in var spool cups

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jul 26 10:03:09 PDT 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 12:43 AM, ALi wrote:
> another question
> the cupsctl resets the cups daemond?
> for example if we are printing almost all time ....... and we use
> cupsctl to change the MaxJobs feature ...... will someone be denied?
> will lp give some error?

cupsctl will restart cupsd "safely" - basically, we go into a mode where we don't accept new client connections or start any pending jobs, and allow jobs that are printing 60 seconds to finish up before we force a restart.  During this window of time it is possible for the client to get a "connection refused" error...