Print to a Postscript File instead of Physical Printer

David Moore osomoore at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:23:44 PDT 2010

I'm developing for a small Linux system with no graphical interface: remote SSH login only.  While at times I print to a physical printer, I need to be able to print to a Postscript file instead.

I'm running the cups 1.2.4-2 release, and my kernel is a Debian 2.6.17-9.

Is there a way to configure CUPS to output print jobs submitted to it to a PostScript file.  Can I configure this to happen by default?  Is there a way to set the name of the output file?

Thanks for your time and help,
 - David Moore