error compiling cups-1.4.3 on Solaris/SPARC 5.10

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jun 21 06:32:05 PDT 2010

> I've had better experience with GCC 3.4.3 on Solaris 10, but I remember
> there were a few headers I had to fix by hand - mostly incompatible typedefs
> from different headers or missing typedefs as certain headers weren't
> included.
>
> Probably aou need a couple of hours research to fix that.
>
> Helge

I have now installed gcc 3.4.6 and I have to fix/edit by hand the file
/usr/include/kerberosv5/krb5.h (there was one } to much).

Now the linking stops with:

Making all in scheduler...
Linking cupsd...
PORT_GetError                       dirsvc.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/mps/libnss3.so)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cupsd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [cupsd] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 1

another idea is welcome; thx