Printing too high on Brother 375CW

Marcus Habermehl bmh1980de at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 15 16:54:34 PDT 2010

Hi.

Am 06.01.2010 10:56, schrieb Chris:
> Hi,
>
> I bought this new printer because they provide official linux driver. But... it prints the content 2 cm too high on the page, so it's unuseable for now. Of course, Brother said by phone they can't help me...

I have the same problem with my new Brother DCP-195C. Some minutes ago I
have written to Brother's support.

[...]

I have found a (maybe ugly) solution for A4 paper. In
/etc/cups/ppd/DCP195C.ppd (should be /etc/cups/ppd/DCP375CW.ppd for your
375CW) I've changed this line:

> *ImageableArea A4/A4:                                   "9 9 586 833"

*ImageableArea A4/A4:					"1 1 594 780"

Don't know if in France A4 paper is used, too.

But DL envelopes I can't print again. :-( I'm hoping to get help from
the support. Or maybe from someone here?

Best regards
Marcus