Mac OSX won't show cups printers in Applications

David Leach dleach at wetafx.co.nz
Tue Mar 16 18:59:54 PDT 2010

Running Mac OSX 10.6

When viewing printers through the web interface, I can see all the printers. When viewing the printers through system preferences I can see all the printers.
But when an application is open, and you want to select a printer to print to, none of the printers are available.
Interestingly when you use BrowsePoll servername:port
You can see all the printers AND you can print to them. Unfortunately when using ldap you can only see them but not print to them

Why might this be?

The Mac is connecting to a linux cups server. Running 1.4.2

Thanks