Which PPD to use?

Daniel Stoeck trashmay at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 11:20:31 PDT 2010

Hi there,

I use a handwritten backend that writes postscript data to a file. In the development phase of the workflow I was using an Apple LaserWriter PPD. But I wonder if there is a PPD that fits better into my workflow because I am not printing to a usual printer?

The cups backend writes the postscript file to a folder. This folder is being monitored by a Distiller that postprocesses the postscript file to a PDF with given joboptions.

CUPS -> postscript file -> Acrobat Distiller / Joboptions -> PDF

(I know that I could directly print to PDF, but I am working in a prepress environment and I have to control the exact content of the PDF being created.)

Thank you very very much for your help.

Greetings from Germany,
Daniel