Epson printer settings

Richard Bown richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 15:20:01 PDT 2010

<snip>

> The pstops filter does insert the PostScript statements from the default
> settings of the printer's PPD into the setup section of the job.
>
> Helge

Thanks
maybe getting somewhere, I've greped all of /etc/*
all of the home directories and the only place that the resolution of 2880x2880 appears in in the .ppd file.
How do I change the pstops filter behaviour , or where do I need to change in the .ppd file.

If this is the case anyone with the same printer who does not use the simplified driver has the same problem.

I still have the simplified driver renamed in the cups directory, I could rename the current .ppd file and revert to the simplified, and if that changes the default settings, that would point to a unwanted feature. ( a bug )

thanks
Richard