Epson printer settings

Richard Bown richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 01:32:23 PDT 2010

> Richard Bown wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >>
> >> The pstops filter does insert the PostScript statements from the default
> >> settings of the printer's PPD into the setup section of the job.
> >>
> >> Helge
> >>
> > Thanks
> > maybe getting somewhere, I've greped all of /etc/*
> > all of the home directories and the only place that the resolution of
> > 2880x2880 appears in in the .ppd file. How do I change the pstops filter
> > behaviour , or where do I need to change in the .ppd file.
> >
> > If this is the case anyone with the same printer who does not use the
> > simplified driver has the same problem.
> >
> > I still have the simplified driver renamed in the cups directory, I could
> > rename the current .ppd file and revert to the simplified, and if that
> > changes the default settings, that would point to a unwanted feature. ( a
> > bug )
> >

> > thanks
> > Richard
>
> Look into your PPD and see if there is a OpenUI .. CloseUI section where
> several resolution values can be selected. If yes, then you may chose the
> resolution you want either using the lpadmin command (see the man page) or
> the web interface (manage printers).
>
> If in doubt, post (an URL to) the PPD.
>
> Helge

Thanks Helge,
Its definitely the pdd file causing the problem.
I only use 2880x2880 for printing onto film to produce negatives for PCB developing.

It looks like the simplified file will do 2880x2880 , using best and ultra settings, but when tried the print job gets stopped.

I'll try as you suggested.