[cups.general] Bad PostScript data generated -- any way to diagnose?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Oct 15 01:46:22 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Oct 15 00:22 Alex Taylor wrote (shortened):
> I'm trying to get CUPS + foomatic-rip working in our environment,
> but I have a problem with GhostScript apparently choking on the
> final PS file.

It would have been nice to tell a bit more details
about your environment (e.g. which Linux distribution
or do you use perhaps another Unix-like OS and so on).

> GPL Ghostscript  9.00 (2010-09-14)
> Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
> This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
> Error: /undefined in --.endpage--

Ghostscript 9.00 is the newest cutting edge version.
Did it work with a Ghostscript version before 9.00
(i.e. a Ghostscript 8.x version)?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex