Converting LPRng to CUPS

John Ward jpward1981 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:45:56 PST 2011

Hey everyone, at my company we are in the process of converting
an old Linux server that is running LPRng as the print system. A
couple of the printers have pre processing scripts that
manipulate the data for printing. Is there a way to implement
this in CUPS? Also one of these scripts performs a fail-over
function for the printing, I know with a printer class that it
is possible to print to the first available printer, however is
there a way to set a priority to the printer to where if one is
offline, it would then print to another printer in the class?
Thanks in advance to everyone for the help with this.