[cups.general] lpstat doesn't show disabled when use the --hold option

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jan 27 16:06:36 PST 2011

This is an IPP think - the "--hold" option tells CUPS not to start printing any new jobs for the printer, but it doesn't actually change the printer state to "stopped" since, well, it hasn't been stopped, just new jobs held.

That said, we could probably display a different status in the lpstat output since we will see "hold-new-jobs" in the printer attributes - perhaps "paused" or "holding new jobs"?

Anyways, please file a bug if you'd like to see this behavior changed:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php